IPTAAS (Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme) may be able to give you financial assistance with your travel and accommodation expenses if you need to travel long distances for specialist medical treatment.
To apply for IPTAAS online, you'll need to set up an account.
- be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island
- be eligible for Medicare
- live more than 100km from the nearest treating specialist (you may also be eligible if cumulative journeys to your treating specialist exceed 200km within a week)
- require specialist treatment that is not available locally
- not be receiving or eligible for, financial assistance for travel and accommodation from third party insurance or other Australian government services.
What you need
- your login details
- IPTAAS patient ID – if you haven’t claimed before, you will be allocated your ID when you lodge your first application
- personal details including your bank account information
- appointment information
- treatment details
- travel and accommodation details
- scanned copies or photographs of your travel and accommodation invoices.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Lodge online' button.
- Select 'Sign In'.
- Enter the required information.
- Upload your travel and accommodation documentation.
- Submit your claim.