IPTAAS may be able to give you financial assistance with your travel and accommodation expenses if you need to travel long distances for specialist medical treatment.
What you'll need
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Register online' button.
- Select 'Register'.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Input Captcha.
- Select 'Submit'.
- Receive and open the email you are sent.
- Select 'Confirm Account'.
- If you are lodging a claim for the first time, complete and submit the form.
- You’ll be sent a claim number by email, with instructions on the next steps.
- be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island and be eligible for Medicare
- live more than 100km from the nearest treating specialist (you may also be eligible if cumulative journeys to your treating specialist exceed 200km within a week)
- require specialist treatment that is not available locally
- claim all available benefits from your private health fund, if you have one, before applying to IPTAAS
- not be eligible for any other government travel assistance schemes.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Health.