If you're an apprentice or trainee and you've lost your job, make sure you register with Continuing Apprentices and Trainees Placement Service (CAPS) as soon as you can.

CAPS is free and helps you in finding another employer so you can complete your apprenticeship or traineeship.

If you're completing a certificate in a skills shortage occupation you may also be entitled to apply for financial assistance up to a maximum of $2500 to relocate to or from a regional area.

Note: While you're temporarily unemployed it's important to:

  • keep actively looking for work yourself
  • continue with your off-the-job training.
Last updated: 3 May 2024

Rate the information on the page