With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Update for current travel permit holders

From 3 September, current 14-day travel permits will automatically be extended to 30 September. 

Text size


You'll need to register your travel within NSW in certain circumstances. 

You'll need to reapply, if:

  • your reasons for travel have changed
  • your travel dates change or need to be amended.

If you currently hold a 14-day permit, your permit will automatically be extended to 30 September. You will not need to reapply to extend your permit, but if your reasons for travel change, you will need a new permit.

You must carry your travel registration and supporting documents with you at all times. You'll need to provide these to NSW Police if requested.

Note: Greater Sydney does not include Shellharbour and the Central Coast for the purposes of this travel registration.


You'll need to register your travel if you:

  • are an authorised worker living in a local government area (LGA) of concern and you need to leave your area for work. This includes travelling to another LGA of concern (also known as a 'workers permit’). 
  • are entering an LGA of concern for work (also known as a ‘workers permit’).
  • live in Greater Sydney and:
    • you need to travel more than 50km outside of Greater Sydney for work, and you cannot work from home
    • you're permanently moving to a new residence outside of Greater Sydney
    • you're inspecting a property outside of Greater Sydney because you genuinely need a place to live in (no investment properties)
    • you're moving between residences, including travelling to your second home, for the purposes of:
      • work (if so, only the worker may travel), or
      • urgent maintenance, repairs, or attend to animal welfare (if so, only one person may travel to the second home).

If you'd like to check your travel locations and see if you need to register, enter the address you're travelling to and from in the travel registration address check.

What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration
  • your name, address, email and contact number
  • your reason for travel
  • the company name if you're travelling for work
  • your travel details (where you will be staying, working or visiting)
  • your travel dates
  • your dependants' name and contact number, if applicable. 

Information for workers travelling to multiple addresses
Workers who do not know the addresses they'll be travelling to can select one of the following options when registering:

  • 'Authorised worker with unknown work addresses' – if you live in an LGA of concern, or
  • ‘Worker with unknown work addresses' – if you do not live in an LGA of concern.

Keep a copy of your travel registration and supporting documents with you – you’ll need to show them to NSW Police if requested.

How to register

  1. Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
  2. Select the ‘Register online’ button.
  3. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete your registration. 
  5. If successful, you'll receive your travel registration by email. 

If you do not have a MyServiceNSW Account or you're unable to apply online, you can call 13 77 88

More information

Penalties apply for breaching the Public Health Order or providing false or misleading information. You may be liable for a fine of up to $22,000 or up to 2 years in prison.