You can renew your bus driver authority online. You'll receive a reminder before the renewal date – you must renew before your authority expires.
You can apply for a replacement if you currently hold a bus driver authority.
What you need
- a valid email address
- a copy of your current Australian driver licence (scanned as a PDF)
- a copy of a proof of identity document (if you hold an interstate driver licence)
- if you don't hold a valid NSW driver licence and have not submitted a previous application online, you'll need a digital photo. The photo must be:
- a recent and clear photo
- contain only your head and neck
- be on a pale background
- no hat or sunglasses.
- 246 pixel width and 246 pixel height resolution
- JPG/JPEG/PNG/BMP/FIF format.
- your payment, as indicated online.
How to renew
- Select 'Renew online'.
- Follow the prompts.
- Upload your supporting documents.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit the renewal.
- Your application cannot be saved to continue at a later date.
- If your application is submitted successfully, you'll receive an email and PDF copy of your application.
- If your bus driver authority is expired by more than six months, you'll need to reapply for a new bus driver authority.