If your vehicle has been issued with defect notices, you can renew your registration after the vehicle passes a specialist inspection, has all defects cleared, and passes another safety check.
Once you've passed the safety check, please visit a service centre.
What you need
- your renewal notice (not needed if you've opted in to Digital Vehicle Registration)
- your proof of identity
- vehicle registration documentation
- details of vehicle design alterations (if applicable)
- the safety check report dated after the defection notices.
How to renew
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and provide your information in person.
Last updated: 30 March 2022