If you opt in to Digital Vehicle Registration, you'll:
- have immediate access to your digital Certificate of Registration in your MyServiceNSW Account
- receive a renewal notice by email and in your MyServiceNSW Account (which will be your electronic address for service) 6 weeks before your registration expires
- receive reminders 2 weeks before your registration expires and one day after your registration expires
- no longer receive a paper renewal notice in the mail.
- You can access your digital Certificate of Registration in your MyServiceNSW Account under the registration details for eligible vehicles.
- View a sample digital Certificate of Registration – PDF.
You must be the registered operator of a vehicle which can be renewed online.
- Conditional registrations are excluded.
- You’ll continue to receive a paper renewal notice for any vehicles that don’t meet the eligibility criteria.
- If your paper renewal notice is currently being sent to a fleet manager or lease company, we will continue to use their address for service.
What you need
A MyServiceNSW Account.
How to opt in
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Opt in’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to add the ‘NSW driver licence and vehicle registration’ service to your MyServiceNSW Account (if you have not done so already).
- Under 'Notification preferences', select 'Digital Vehicle Registration' to opt in.
For detailed instructions, see:
- You don't need to show your registration details to your mechanic to do the safety inspection. They already have these details on their system and must check the vehicle itself (not the certificate) for the correct VIN or chassis number.
- The digital Certificate of Registration does not have any forms on the back. If you sell your vehicle, let us know the buyer’s details by submitting a notice of disposal. Once this is done, the buyer can transfer the registration.
- You can switch back to paper delivery at anytime in your MyServiceNSW Account notification preferences. Save a copy of your Certificate of Registration for your records before you opt out.
- For privacy information, read the Digital Vehicle Registration privacy statement.