You can renew your transport concession entitlement card for concession fares on public transport in NSW, provided you still meet the eligibility criteria. You can renew your card online up to 30 days before it expires.
- Apprentices and trainees registered with the State Training Services.
What you need
- your personal details
- your training contract ID (TCID) number.
How to renew
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Select the entitlement type.
- Enter your TCID number.
- Select 'Find'.
- Complete the online application.
- You can also renew your transport concession entitlement card after it expires, but you'll need to travel on a full adult fare until your new card arrives.
Your transport concession entitlement card is free and:
- valid for up to 15 months as long you’re still eligible. You need to apply to renew it by 31 March every year.
- is proof of your entitlement, and you need to carry it with you whenever you're travelling
- also entitles you to concession fares on regular local bus services outside the Opal network – check with your Local Transport Operators to find out if you're entitled to concession fares on privately-operated local bus services
- together with your concession Opal card entitles you to a concession Sydney Airport station access fee
- does not entitle you to concession fares on fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, event shuttle buses, charter bus services, Great Southern Rail services or NSW TrainLink Regional services.