Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


If you're wanting to run an aquatic event, competition, exhibition or any other activity which affects the general public's use of navigable waters, you must apply for an aquatic licence. You could face a penalty for having the event without the appropriate licence.

Aquatic licences are for temporary events, and you'll need to apply for your licence at least 6 weeks before the event or activity starts – even earlier for more complex events or activities. If your aquatic licence certificate is lost, damaged or destroyed, you'll need to order a replacement at a service centre, or by mail.


To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please see Aquatic event licences on the Transport for NSW website.

What you need

  • proof of identity (individual)
  • proof of identity (representative of an organisation)
  • a written request for a replacement certificate or the Application for Replacement Products form, and
  • for organisations, written authority on company letterhead with representative's proof of identity.

How to replace

  1. Download, print and complete the Application for Replacement Product (Maritime) – PDF (if applicable).
  2. Make sure that you have all the required documentation and information.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit the application in person, or mail your application to:

    Maritime Product Services
    Locked Bag 5100
    Camperdown NSW 1450

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.