If your transport concession entitlement card has been lost or stolen, you can apply for a replacement online, providing you still meet the eligibility criteria.
You must be residing permanently in NSW, and:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- enrolled in an Australian Qualifications Framework, accredited higher education or vocational education and training course
- a full-time student enrolled on an internal basis (except where a person, by reason of disability, is enrolled on a part-time basis and/or on an external basis).
International students on an Endeavour Scholarship, an Australian Awards Scholarship, or an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, are also eligible.
What you need
- student ID or TAFE NSW Tertiary Student Learner Number
- your institution's name (if applicable).
How to replace
- Select the 'Replace online' button.
- Select the entitlement type.
- Enter your student ID number and your institution's name (if applicable).
- Select 'Find'.
- Complete the online application.
You must carry your transport concession entitlement card at all times as proof of entitlement when travelling with a concession Opal card, or travelling in regional/rural NSW.
The transport concession entitlement card:
- entitles you to concession fares on regular local bus services outside the Opal network – check with your Local Transport Operators to find out if you're entitled to concession fares on privately-operated local bus services.
- together with your concession Opal card entitles you to a concession Sydney Airport station access fee
- does not entitle you to concession fares on fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, event shuttle buses, charter bus services or Great Southern Rail services.
Last updated: 6 November 2019