Text size


If your transport concession entitlement card has been lost or stolen, you can apply for a replacement online, providing you still meet the eligibility criteria.


You must be residing permanently in NSW, and:

  • an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
  • enrolled in an Australian Qualifications Framework, accredited higher education or vocational education and training course
  • a full-time student enrolled on an internal basis (except where a person, by reason of disability, is enrolled on a part-time basis and/or on an external basis).

International students on an Endeavour Scholarship, an Australian Awards Scholarship, or an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, are also eligible.

What you need

  • student ID or TAFE NSW Tertiary Student Learner Number
  • your institution's name (if applicable).

How to replace

  1. Select the 'Replace online' button. 
  2. Select the entitlement type.
  3. Enter your student ID number and your institution's name (if applicable).
  4. Select 'Find'.
  5. Complete the online application.

More information

You must carry your transport concession entitlement card at all times as proof of entitlement when travelling with a concession Opal card, or travelling in regional/rural NSW.

The transport concession entitlement card:

  • entitles you to concession fares on regular local bus services outside the Opal network – check with your Local Transport Operators to find out if you're entitled to concession fares on privately-operated local bus services.
  • together with your concession Opal card entitles you to a concession Sydney Airport station access fee
  • does not entitle you to concession fares on fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, event shuttle buses, charter bus services or Great Southern Rail services.
Last updated: 6 November 2019
You'll be taken to another website.