Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If your public passenger driver authority has been lost, stolen or destroyed and you want to replace it, you'll need to apply for a replacement driver authority. You can download the application form, and lodge it with your supporting documents, to the mailing address on the form.


You're eligible to apply for a replacement authority if you're currently authorised to drive a public transport vehicle.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • 2 recent, identical, clear colour photos 65mm x 65mm, of your head and neck on a pale background without hat or sunglasses
  • a certified copy of your NSW driver licence
  • the PDF form – 'Application for replacement driver authority'.

How to replace

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Complete and print the form.
  3. Sign the declaration.
  4. Attach all supporting and identity documents.
  5. Mail your application to the address on the form.
You'll be taken to another website.