If your NSW driver licence card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, and you meet certain eligibility criteria, you can order a replacement online using your MyServiceNSW Account.
If you'd like to apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time, or you don't meet the eligibility requirements, visit a service centre and replace your licence card in person.
You're not eligible to order a replacement online, and will need to visit a service centre to replace your licence, if any of the following apply:
- you've changed your address within the last 14 days
- you've ordered a replacement licence online in the last 12 months
- you'd like to apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time.
You're not eligible for a replacement driver licence if any of the following apply:
- you've been prohibited from driving a motor vehicle or riding a motorcycle in NSW or elsewhere since last obtaining your licence
- your licence has been disqualified, cancelled, suspended, expired or there are charges pending against you
- you're subject to an appeal for driving or riding offences.
What you need
How to replace
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Replace online' button.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, or sign up now. If your account is new, or was not previously connected to Roads and Maritime, enter your NSW driver licence details, or the plate number of a vehicle registered in your name.
Select your replacement details.
- Answer the declaration questions.
- Review and submit your declaration.
- Check and confirm your replacement details.
- Enter your payment details.
- Print your receipt and your temporary paper licence (also known as a driver licence receipt).
- Sign your temporary paper licence and carry it with you at all times when driving.
- Your new NSW driver licence card will be posted to you at the mailing address on record with Roads and Maritime Services. You should receive it within 10 business days.