If your NSW driver licence card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, and you haven't changed your addresss in the last 14 days, you can order a replacement online using your MyServiceNSW Account.Replace online
Replace a NSW driver licence online
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Replace online' button.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, or register one now. If your account is new, or was not previously connected to Roads and Maritime, enter your NSW driver licence details, or the plate number of a vehicle registered in your name.
- Select your replacement details.
- Answer the declaration questions.
- Review and submit your declaration.
- Check and confirm your replacement details.
- Enter your payment details.
- Print your receipt and your temporary paper licence (also known as a Driver Licence Receipt).
- Sign your temporary paper licence and carry it with you at all times when driving.
- Your new NSW driver licence card will be posted to you at the mailing address on record with Roads and Maritime Services. You should receive it within 10 business days.
You're not eligible to order a replacement online, and will need to visit a service centre or motor registry to replace your licence, if you've:
- changed your address within the last 14 days, or
- ordered a replacement licence online in the last 12 months.
You're not eligible for a replacement driver licence if:
- you've been prohibited from driving a motor vehicle or riding a motorcycle in NSW or elsewhere since last obtaining your licence
- your licence has been disqualified, cancelled, suspended, expired or there are charges pending against you, or
- you're subject to an appeal for driving or riding offences.
- If you haven’t received your new licence card through the mail within 10 days, contact Roads and Maritime Services on 13 22 13
- If your temporary paper licence is lost, stolen or damaged before you receive your new card, you can get a copy of it online – visit Reprint a NSW Driver Licence Receipt.
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.