If your NSW driver licence card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, and you meet certain eligibility criteria, you can order a replacement online using your MyServiceNSW Account.
If you'd like to apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time, or you don't meet the eligibility requirements, visit a service centre and replace your licence card in person.
You're not eligible to order a replacement online and will need to visit a service centre to replace your licence, if any of the following apply:
- you've changed your address within the last 14 days
- you've ordered a replacement licence online in the last 12 months
- you'd like to apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time.
You're not eligible for a replacement driver licence if any of the following apply:
- you've been prohibited from driving a motor vehicle or riding a motorcycle in NSW or elsewhere since last obtaining your licence
- your licence has been disqualified, cancelled, suspended or expired or there are charges pending against you
- you're subject to an appeal for driving or riding offences.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account. If your account is new or you haven't previously entered them, you'll also need:
- your NSW driver licence details, or
- the plate number of a vehicle registered in your name.
- your method of payment.
How to replace
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Replace online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account. Enter your NSW driver licence or vehicle registration details if your account is new or you haven't previously entered them.
- Select your replacement details.
- Answer the declaration questions.
- Review and submit your declaration.
- Check and confirm your replacement details.
- Enter your payment details.
- Print your receipt and your temporary paper licence (also known as a driver licence receipt).
- Sign your temporary paper licence and carry it with you at all times when driving.
- Your new NSW driver licence card will be posted to you at the mailing address on record with Transport for NSW. You should receive it within 10 business days.