Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses

COVID-19 information

Due to the restrictions on movement and social distancing resulting from the COVID-19 health orders, Regulations have been developed under the Firearms Act and the Weapons Prohibition Act:

The provisions in the Regulations are to assist the NSW firearms and weapons community manage their responsibilities while the health orders are in place.

The Firearms Registry continues to operate as business as usual, and does not want any licence holder to be affected adversely because of circumstances outside of their control.

Visit the Registry's COVID-19 Response page for detailed information on, but not limited to:

  • the compliance period for club participation shoots
  • licence obligations such as:
    • mandatory training or accreditation requirements
    • having your photo taken at a service centre.


If your NSW firearms licence has been lost or stolen, you must notify NSW Police within 14 days by calling the Police Assistance Line (PAL) on 131 444.

PAL will give you an Event number which you'll need to provide when you email your request to the Firearms Registry for your licence replacement.

What you need

  • the Event number provided to you by PAL
  • a written request for a replacement firearms licence card
  • your proof of identity – PDF
  • your payment (indicated on the Firearms Registry FAQs page).

How to replace

  1. Email the Firearms Registry, quote your Event number, and request a replacement licence card.
  2. Receive the Photograph Advice letter which will be posted to you.
  3. Visit a service centre with your Photograph Advice letter, proof of identity and payment, and have your photo taken for your replacement licence card.

More information

You must attend the service centre before the expiry date of your Photograph Advice letter or it will not be accepted.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.