If your NSW firearms licence has been lost or stolen, you must notify NSW Police within 14 days by calling the Police Assistance Line (PAL) on 131 444.
PAL will give you an Event number which you'll need to provide when you email your request to the Firearms Registry for your licence replacement.
What you need
- the Event number provided to you by PAL
- a written request for a replacement firearms licence card
- your proof of identity – PDF
- your payment (indicated on the Firearms Registry FAQs page).
How to replace
- Email the Firearms Registry, quote your Event number, and request a replacement licence card.
- Receive the Photograph Advice letter which will be posted to you.
- Visit a service centre with your Photograph Advice letter, proof of identity and payment, and have your photo taken for your replacement licence card.
You must attend the service centre before the expiry date of your Photograph Advice letter or it will not be accepted.
Last updated: 24 June 2022