Trader's plates are, and always remain, the property of Transport for NSW. If they're lost or stolen, you must report it to the police within 7 days of the incident.
To apply for replacement trader's plate/s, please visit a service centre.
What you need
- proof of identity
- business or organisation identification
- your motor industry licence
- a list of all the trader's plates you currently hold
- the last 3 months' Record of Use sheets for all trader's plates currently held
- Police Event Number for lost or stolen plates, or the damaged plates if the plates are damaged
- vehicle details that will be associated with the replacement plates
- your payment
- the PDF form – 'Trader's Plate Application', or a current (within 42 days) replacement trader's plate approval letter from Transport for NSW.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Trader's Plate Application – PDF (if applicable).
- Make sure you have all the required documentation and the damaged plate/s (if applicable).
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.