Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


Trader's plates are, and always remain, the property of Transport for NSW. If they're lost or stolen, you must report it to the police within 7 days of the incident.

To apply for replacement trader's plate/s, please visit a service centre.

What you need

  • proof of identity
  • business or organisation identification
  • your motor industry licence
  • a list of all the trader's plates you currently hold
  • the last 3 months' Record of Use sheets for all trader's plates currently held
  • Police Event Number for lost or stolen plates, or the damaged plates if the plates are damaged
  • vehicle details that will be associated with the replacement plates
  • your payment
  • the PDF form – 'Trader's Plate Application', or a current (within 42 days) replacement trader's plate approval letter from Transport for NSW.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Trader's Plate Application – PDF (if applicable).
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation and the damaged plate/s (if applicable).
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.