If you’re temporarily interstate or overseas and your NSW driver licence card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you can order a replacement licence online.
If you're unable to replace online, you'll need to complete a photo-kit form, and post it to the Photo Kit Unit.
You can use a photo-kit form only if your licence:
- has been expired fewer than 5 years
- is not a temporary paper licence
- is not suspended or cancelled.
To make sure you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.
What you need
- colour passport size photograph as detailed on the form
- your proof of identity as detailed on the form
- your NSW residential address details
- an appropriate witness as specified on the form (if applicable)
- your driver/rider licence number
- photocopy of your concession card (if applicable)
- your payment.
How to replace
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Download and complete either:
- Ensure you have a witness to complete page 5 if:
- you can’t return your current NSW driver licence or one that expired within the last 2 years, or
- you've changed your name.
- Attach your supporting documents, and post your photo-kit application form with payment, to the address specified on the form.
- Your licence card will be posted to your NSW address unless you specifically ask for it to be sent to your temporary interstate or overseas address.
Note: Cards are sent by standard post.
- if you need to follow up on your application, contact the Photo Kit Unit directly via PhotoKitUnit@service.nsw.gov.au
- you can also obtain a photo-kit form by calling 1800 624 384, or +61 2 6861 1663 if you're overseas
- if your proof of identity document(s) are in an old name because of a name change, you must also provide a change of name document that has been witnessed and certified
- if you're overseas and need help, call us on +61 2 9132 2115 between 7.00am and 7.00pm, Monday to Friday, or email email@example.com.
- American Express
- Cheque/Money Order (made payable to Roads and Maritime Services)
- Overseas bank draft in Australian currency (made payable to Roads and Maritime Services, and endorsed by the issuing bank as payable at a nominated Australian bank).
Unfortunately, payments made with cash cannot be accepted.