Text size


If you’re temporarily interstate or overseas and your NSW driver licence card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you can order a replacement licence online.

If you're unable to replace online or require the licence to be sent outside NSW, you'll need to complete a photo-kit form, and post it to the Photo Kit Unit.


You can use a photo-kit form only if your licence:

  • has been expired fewer than 5 years
  • is not a temporary paper licence
  • is not suspended or cancelled.

To make sure you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, visit Driver and rider licences.

What you need

  • colour passport size photograph as detailed on the form
  • your proof of identity as detailed on the form
  • your NSW residential address details
  • an appropriate witness as specified on the form (if applicable)
  • your driver/rider licence number
  • photocopy of your concession card (if applicable)
  • your payment.

How to replace

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Download and complete either:
  3. Ensure you have a witness to complete page 5 if:
    • you can’t return your current NSW driver licence or one that expired within the last 2 years, or
    • you've changed your name.
  4. Attach your supporting documents, and post your photo-kit application form with payment, to the address specified on the form.
  5. Your licence card will be posted to your NSW address unless you specifically ask for it to be sent to your temporary interstate or overseas address.

Note: Cards are sent by standard post.

More information

  • if you need to follow up on your application, contact the Photo Kit Unit directly via PhotoKitUnit@service.nsw.gov.au
  • you can also obtain a photo-kit form by calling 1800 624 384, or +61 2 6861 1663 if you're overseas
  • if your proof of identity document(s) are in an old name because of a name change, you must also provide a change of name document that has been witnessed and certified
  • if you're overseas and need help, call us on +61 2 9132 2115 between 7.00am and 7.00pm, Monday to Friday, or email info@service.nsw.gov.au.

Payment methods

  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express
  • Cheque/Money Order (made payable to Transport for NSW)
  • Overseas bank draft in Australian currency (made payable to Transport for NSW, and endorsed by the issuing bank as payable at a nominated Australian bank).

Unfortunately, payments made with cash cannot be accepted.

Last updated: 30 March 2022
You'll be taken to another website.