You can report illegal fishing activities such as oyster theft, lobster theft, excess fishing lines, or fish trapping in NSW, online.
What you'll need
- the time and date you saw the activity
- the type of activity you saw (for example, abalone theft, lobster theft, taking protected fish)
- a description of the activity
- the make, model or registration details of any vehicles or vessels involved in the activity (if possible)
- the Fisheries Compliance Zone
- the location of activity (description as accurate as possible)
- your contact details (optional).
How to report
- Select the 'Report online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- Select 'Submit'.
Things to keep in mind...
- The information collected is for the purposes of recording and investigating reports of illegal fishing activities in NSW. The NSW Department of Industry will only use the information for the purposes stated.
For further information, please visit Department of Primary Industries.