If you're a medical practitioner and assess that a patient's ability to drive safely is impaired, you can submit a Medical Condition Notification Form online.
When assessing fitness to drive, refer to Assessing Fitness to Drive for commercial and private vehicle drivers – PDF for the medical standards.
What you'll need
- your details and provider number
- the patient's full name, date of birth and address
- the patients driver licence number (if known)
- the relevant medical condition(s)
- evidence of how the patient meets/does not meet, criteria detailed in Assessing Fitness to Drive
- recommendations for further assessment, or licence conditions/restrictions (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Medical Condition Notification Form'.
How to report
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Gather any additional documentation.
- Submit your report directly to Roads and Maritime using your practice's Smartforms Portal, or by mail or email to the details on the form.
Things to keep in mind...
- When making a direct report to Roads and Maritime, you should inform your patient.
- Roads and Maritime will also accept a letter from you, provided it includes sufficient information to enable them to make a decision.