If you're a medical practitioner and assess that a patient's ability to drive safely is impaired, you can submit a Medical Condition Notification Form online.
When assessing fitness to drive, refer to Assessing Fitness to Drive for the medical standards.
What you need
- your details and provider number
- the patient's full name, date of birth and address
- the patients driver licence number (if known)
- the relevant medical condition(s)
- evidence of how the patient meets/does not meet the criteria detailed in Assessing Fitness to Drive
- recommendations for further assessment or licence conditions/restrictions (if applicable)
- access to the MyHealthLink Portal (your practice’s SmartForms portal) or the Medical Condition Notification Form – PDF.
How to report
- Ensure you have access to the MyHealthLink Portal, or register for an account (approval may take up to 3 business days).
- Select the ‘Report online’ button.
- Log in to the portal.
- Select 'Transport for NSW' and follow the prompts to submit the 'Medical Condition Notification' form.
If you're unable to report online:
- Download and complete the Medical Condition Notification Form – PDF.
- Submit the form, along with any additional documentation, to Transport for NSW using the email or mail details on the form.
- When making a direct report to Transport for NSW, you may wish to inform your patient.
- Transport for NSW will also accept a letter from you, provided it includes sufficient information to make a decision on the patient's fitness to drive.