You can request a review of your penalty notice if:
- you believe a mistake has been made, or
- there were special circumstances that led to the offence.
The review may lead to the penalty continuing to stand, your being let-off with a caution, or the penalty being cancelled.
What you'll need
- proof of your identity such as your address, date of birth or driver licence number
- your penalty notice number
- the date of the offence
- any supporting evidence.
You can find examples of supporting evidence in the Review Guidelines.
How to request
- Select the 'Request a review' button.
- Enter your penalty notice number and the date of the offence.
- Select 'Next'.
- Complete the required fields.
When your request is received a hold will be put on the fine. You'll be notified once a final decision is made.
Things to keep in mind...
- Once you've submitted your request, you can return to the portal to track its progress.
- If the review is unsuccessful, you can request to have the matter heard in court.
- You can't request a review and request to have the matter heard in court, at the same time, as this will cancel the review. Your matter will then only be heard in court.