Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

NSW Fair Trading have implemented licensing changes to the real estate and property industry from March 2020. To learn more about the changes visit the Fair Trading website or call 13 32 20.


If you need to surrender your individual property licence, you can do this at a service centre. For example, you may be retiring or moving to another state. 

What you need

  • your personal details
  • your original licence
  • a letter stating the reason you're surrendering your licence, as well as your name, address, signature and licence number.