Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you no longer need your tradesperson certificate due to retirement or moving interstate for instance, you can hand it in at a service centre. You can also surrender your certificate by mailing it with a completed Surrender of Licence form.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your certificate and certificate number
  • the Surrender of Licence form, or
  • a letter stating the reason for surrendering your licence.

How to surrender

  1. Download, print and complete the Surrender of Licence/Certificate – PDF (if applicable).
  2. Gather the required documentation.
  3. Submit your information either in person at a service centre, or by mail to the details on the form.