When you buy a vessel, you need to transfer its registration into your name within 14 days of the date of purchase, or a late application fee will be charged.

You can post the transfer documentation, or submit it in person at a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • if the HIN is not recorded on the front of the registration certificate, the HIN (Boatcode) Certificate
  • the registration certificate with the Transfer of Vessel Registration section on the back of the form completed and signed by the seller, and the buyer section completed and signed by the buyer.

In addition, if the registration certificate sections are incomplete, you'll need:

  • supporting documents to prove acquisition of the vessel
  • the PDF form – 'Application for Transfer of Vessel Registration'.

How to transfer

  1. Download and complete the Application for Transfer of Vessel Registration – PDF (if applicable).
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Lodge your documentation in person at a service centre or post it to:

Service NSW
Agency Business Centre
PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 21 January 2022