How we can help
Get free one-on-one coaching and advice delivered by Aboriginal peoples, who can assist with the cultural needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business owners.
Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative (ABAI) advisors bring their own lived experience, knowledge of small business operations and strong community connections to the coaching sessions.
Explore our services
Business coaching and advice
One-on-one coaching and advice delivered locally by independent Aboriginal business advisors.
Our Business Concierge team provides free, one-on-one support for new and existing businesses. Get help applying for financial assistance, licences and applications, and vouchers and grants.
Where are you in your business journey?
An ABAI advisor can work with you at every stage of your business journey.
We'll support you with:
- considering your business idea
- conducting market research
- developing a business plan
- considering your business structure
- looking at your finance options and cash flow
- connecting to other support.
We'll help you:
- do a business health check
- improve your digital presence
- develop marketing and pricing strategies
- adapt to challenges
- build skills and confidence
- connect to relevant training
- with ongoing mentoring.
We can assist you to:
- develop a growth plan
- identify procurement opportunities and build your capability to bid and win new contracts
- innovate and keep up with the latest digital tools.
When a business owner in Tamworth was thinking about expanding her business, she met with an Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative advisor for help with start-up advice, business planning, strategy, and procurement. Watch this one-minute video to learn about the results.
Find your local Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative advisor
Our ABAI advisors identify as Aboriginal and can assist with the cultural needs of both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business owners.
ABAI advisors bring their own lived experience, knowledge of small business operations and strong community connections to the coaching sessions.
Find a local ABAI advisor for your region and get in touch to request an advisory session.