1. Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, together with the privacy collection notice (“Terms”), outline the conditions that apply to your use of Service NSW and Revenue NSW’s electronic delivery of Land Tax notifications (“the Service”). By using the Service, you agree to comply with these Terms together with all relevant guidelines, instructions and procedures (“Instructions”) posted on this site. Nothing in these Terms limits or qualifies our obligations under any legislation, including the Land Tax Act 1956 and the Land tax Management Act 1956.
2. Changing these Terms
Service NSW and Revenue NSW may change these Terms or the Instructions from time to time by publishing them online. You agree that by doing this, Service NSW and Revenue NSW have provided you with sufficient notice of the change.
3.1 The following definitions apply to these Terms:
a. SNSW means Service NSW
b. RNSW means Revenue NSW
c. Customer/s or You/you means a person who is using the Service
d. Service means:
i. Land Tax notifications emailed to you by SNSW;
ii. Land Tax notifications available to you on the Notifications History of your MyServiceNSW Account and the land tax online page of the RNSW website; and
iii. connecting your MyServiceNSW Account with RNSW's online services.
e. Eligibility criteria is defined in clause 4 of these Terms.
4. Preconditions – eligibility
You acknowledge and agree that you can only use the Service if:
1. You have received a Land Tax Notice of Assessment or recent correspondence; and
2. You can supply two (2) of the following to verify your identity:
a. Australian driver licence
b. Medicare card
c. Australian passport
d. Australian birth certificate
e. Australian citizenship certificate
f. Australian certificate of registration by descent
h. Australian travel visa, and
3. You have a Client ID (can be found on the Land Tax Notice of Assessment or recent correspondence) to proceed with connecting your MyServiceNSW account with RNSW's online services; and
4. You understand and acknowledge that it is an offence to provide false and misleading information under the Crimes Act 1900.
5. Preconditions – correct information
You acknowledge and agree that:
a. By using this Service, you give SNSW the permission to share the provided details with RNSW; and
b. All information included during the signup process provided by you is true and accurate.
You acknowledge and agree that any Land Tax notification not issued/addressed to you is excluded from the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that you cannot act on behalf of someone else (Authority to act is not part of the Service).
7. Discontinuance of Service
SNSW and RNSW reserve the right at any time and without notice to:
1. Discontinue or modify the Service in whole or part; and/or
2. Restrict access to the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, SNSW and RNSW are not liable to you for any losses, expenses, damages, liabilities and claims whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to the use of the Service or its discontinuance, however caused (including your reliance on any inaccurate or incomplete information or data contained within or displayed by the Service) whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise. SNSW and RNSW’s liability for breach of a condition or warranty implied by law which cannot be excluded is limited to the extent possible to the supply of the Service again.
9. No warranty
SNSW and RNSW make no representation or warranty in relation to the information available on the Service, including without limitation:
1. That the Service will be continuously available or free from any delay in operation or transmission, virus, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunction in hardware and software; and
2. That SNSW and RNSW endorses any entity or internet site linked to its websites. By linking to a third party website SNSW and RNSW are not accepting responsibility for the content of that website or your use of it and makes no warranty as to its suitability. Use of any third party website is subject to the terms of that website.
You indemnify SNSW and RNSW in respect of any liability, loss, damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred by SNSW and RNSW arising from or in the connection with your breach of these Terms.
These Terms and your use of the Service are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. A reference to any legislation includes all delegated legislation made under it, including regulations and rules and amendments, consolidations or replacements of any of them.
A reference to an entity, whether statutory or not, which ceases to exist or whose powers or functions are transferred to another body is a reference to the body which replaces it or which substantially succeeds to its powers or functions. Specifying anything in the Terms after the words ‘include’ or ‘for example’ or a similar expression does not limit what else is included.
SNSW and RNSW are obliged to maintain strict privacy of your details under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1999 (NSW) and Taxation Administration Act 1996 (NSW).