This Privacy Collection Notice relates to the Active and Creative Kids voucher program.
The Active and Creative Kids Voucher Program (the Program) is being delivered by Service NSW and the Department of Customer Service on behalf of the NSW Government. The Program aims to support certain families with school-aged children to access sport and recreational and/or creative and cultural activities.
Why we are collecting your personal information
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the following purposes:
- processing your application and determining your eligibility to participate in the Program
- providing you with further information about the Program
- contacting you, or another person or entity, to request/verify/confirm the information you provide in support of your application, or to process your application
- contacting you to communicate about your application or participation in the Program
- responding to and communicating about complaints and enquiries in relation to the Program
- including information about your business on the Business and Voucher Finder tool
- facilitating voucher redemption transactions, and reconciling Provider claims and payments
- conducting auditing, investigation and compliance activities to assess whether the eligibility criteria and Terms and Conditions have been and are being met
- investigating any allegations of fraud or failure to comply with Terms and Conditions and to assess the financial integrity of the Program
- creating a Service NSW Business Profile for you if you do not already have one
- allowing business representatives to validate their details with the Australian Business Register and establish themselves as an authority for the business in their Service NSW Business Profile (for more information see Business Relationship Proofing)
- establishing or maintaining records in your MyServiceNSW Account and Service NSW Business Profile
- other directly related purposes.
We will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to facilitate your participation in the Program or for directly related purposes.
Types of personal information we collect
If you apply to register as a Provider of the Program, Service NSW will collect information about your business, the nominated contact person for your business and employees, contractors or volunteers who work for you. We collect this information directly from the nominated contact person when they complete the business registration for the Program.
To register as a Provider for the Program, the nominated contact person will be required to create a MyServiceNSW Account and provide the following details:
- their name, date of birth, email address and phone number
- details from a proof of identity document (such as a driver's licence or Australian passport) so that we can verify their identity.
If the Provider delivers swimming activities you will be asked to provide information about the Provider’s swimming instructors. This includes their full name, date of birth and teacher accreditation provider and number. We recommend a copy of this Privacy Notice be provided to any swimming instructor that has been included in the Provider's application for the Program.
If you provide the personal information of another person, you must obtain authorisation from that person to disclose their personal information to Service NSW for the purpose outlined in this notice. If you provide swimming instructor details to Service NSW, you must also inform those instructors that Service NSW will check their accreditation with their training provider.
We will also collect other information about the business which may be personal information if you are a sole trader or Provider contact. This may include Working with Children Check information (as either sole trader or employer registration ID) ABN, bank account details, business location and contact details and insurance information.
We may also ask you to provide additional evidence about your business that may include personal information.
We do not require you to disclose your Tax File Number (TFN). If you submit information to us that includes your TFN redact (hide) it where possible. If you are not able to redact your TFN, we will not make use of it for any purpose and will take reasonable security measures to protect it.
How we will use and disclose this information
Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which it was collected or a directly related purpose. It may also be used and disclosed where you consent or we are authorised or required to do so by law.
Service NSW may disclose personal information collected as part of the registration to:
- the Department of Customer Service to assess your eligibility and administer the program
- public/private entities (including the Document Verification Service) in order to verify the information you provide in support of your application or to request additional information
- the Australian Business Register, Australian Securities and Investment Commission and the NSW incorporated Associations Register to verify your business
- the Office of the Children’s Guardian to verify Working With Children Check numbers and completion of the Child Safe eLearning Module
- a registered training organisation to verify the relevant swimming instructor accreditation information
- Business and Voucher Finder tool, on the Service NSW website to publish your business information, including business name, address, contact details and website.
Service NSW may also disclose personal information as part of conducting auditing and compliance activities or to ensure the financial integrity of the Program. This includes to:
- NSW Police or other law enforcement agencies, if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other criminal activity
- the Department of Customer Service (including Revenue NSW) for the purpose of auditing, compliance and/or debt recovery
- the Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other financial crime, or has conducted an investigation in response to information provided by AUSTRAC and is sharing the results of that investigation with AUSTRAC
- any relevant regulatory, professional or industry body if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of unsatisfactory professional conduct or any other type of misconduct, including, but not limited to:
- the Tax Practitioners Board
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- the Law Society of NSW.
Service NSW maintains and uses information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of interacting with you.
Your application will be saved as you go. If you do not complete the application, Service NSW will delete any information collected in partially completed applications after 14 days.
Whether you are required by law to provide us with this information
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
How you can access and update your information
You can access or update the personal information contained in your Service NSW Business Profile by logging into your Account. You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by contacting us.
Please see our privacy statement for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored, and how to contact us. Service NSW is located at 2–24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.