Text size


The agency that manages the operations and programs of NSW roads and waterways, Transport for NSW, is notified of deaths in NSW by the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. If this is yet to occur, please visit a service centre with the required documentation and we will handle everything.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • one of the following pieces of documentation confirming the deceased's status:
    • death certificate (original or copy)
    • newspaper death notice
    • letter from a solicitor or the NSW Trustee and Guardian advising that the person is deceased
    • a completed Advice of Death – PDF form together with proof of identity documentation of the deceased
    • in the case of a missing person presumed deceased, a 'Presumption of Death Order' issued by the Supreme Court (original or copy).