To transfer a Transport for NSW E-Toll Account to another person because the account holder has died, you need to visit a Service NSW Centre.
The account may be transferred to a spouse or surviving partner, but not a family member.
Note: You also have the option to close the account.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- the E-Toll Account details
- the tag/s (if closing an E-Toll Tag Account)
- the E-Toll Account Transfer form
- a copy of the Will for the person who has died.
To confirm the death
You'll need one of the following documents:
- a completed Advice of Death form
- the death certificate (original or copy)
- a newspaper death notice
- a letter from a solicitor or the NSW Trustee and Guardian advising that the person has died
- in the case of a missing person presumed to have died, a 'Presumption of Death Order' issued by the Supreme Court (original or copy).
To confirm your relationship
You'll need one of the following documents confirming the relationship status: