Text size


If you're eligible for the Mobility Parking Scheme (MPS), you can apply for 2 permits if you:

  • have a registered open style of vehicle, or
  • need a second permit for work (exceptional situations only).

An open style of vehicle is a vehicle such as a convertible sports car, motorcycle or motor tricycle. The vehicle must be registered in your name or in the names of you and your married/de facto partner.

If the vehicle is registered in joint names, you'll need to provide Transport for NSW with either:

  • a marriage certificate or a certified copy from Births, Deaths and Marriages (for married couples)
  • a Statutory Declaration stating your relationship (for de facto couples), or
  • a Relationship Certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages.


  • your existing permit is not temporary, and you:
    • have a registered open style of vehicle, or
    • need a second permit for a work vehicle (exceptional situations only).
  • MPS permits are available to people who have mobility disability, which is defined by legislation as someone:
    • who is unable to walk due to the permanent or temporary loss of use of one or both legs or other permanent medical or physical condition
    • whose physical condition is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres, or
    • who requires the use of crutches, a walking frame, callipers, scooter, wheelchair or other similar mobility aid.
  • You're also eligible if you're permanently blind.

Note: Applicants who have an intellectual, psychiatric or cognitive impairment must meet at least one of the eligibility criteria above in order to be considered eligible.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Mobility Parking Scheme Application (Individual or Temporary)'
  • your proof of identity
  • proof of your relationship (if applicable)
  • your concession card details (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Mobility Parking Scheme Application (Individual or Temporary) – PDF including the section filled in by your doctor (if applicable).
  2. Make sure you have all your documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

More information

When you apply for or renew an MPS permit, your card will be posted to you. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.

You'll get 3 kinds of cards:

  1. A licence-style card with your photo (unless you're exempt from having your photo taken). This card has 'Individual (1)' printed under its 'Category' heading. This is the card that you use on your standard (not open style) vehicle. You can use this card on any standard vehicle.
  2. A licence-style card without your photo. Under its 'Category' heading, this card has 'Individual (2)' and the licence plate number of your open style of vehicle. You can use this card only on the vehicle that has the licence plate number on the card.
  3. When you get an MPS permit, you automatically get an Australian Disability Parking Permit (large purple card) as well. You must display both your NSW MPS permit (card 1 or 2) and your Australian Disability Parking permit (card 3) to get parking concessions.

If you apply for 2 MPS permits on one form, you'll get all 3 cards in one go.

If you apply for a second MPS permit after you've already got one MPS card, you'll need to surrender your existing card when you submit your application for the second.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 12 December 2022