If you need road access and your vehicle doesn't comply with standard construction and equipment requirements, you'll have to apply for a conditional vehicle registration. This will allow limited access to the road network to perform specific functions.
You can apply and pay for this registration at a service centre.
Note that conditional registration will not be offered if a complying vehicle can be used instead.
To see if your vehicle is eligible for a Conditional Vehicle Registration, check the Conditional Registration Vehicle Sheets.
What you need
- your business identification details (if applicable)
- proof of identity (individual, organisation and/or representative)
- proof of your entitlement to register the vehicle
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- one of the following PDF forms to prove the vehicle is suitable for safe use:
- 'Historic Vehicle Declaration', or safety check inspection report, if the historic vehicles club is less than two years old
- 'Street Rod Declaration' and a safety inspection report
- 'Declaration of Eligibility for a Registration Concession (Form 1193)' for primary producers' vehicles
- 'Rally Vehicle Declaration'
- 'Classic Vehicle Declaration'
- 'Vehicle Suitable for Safe Use Declaration'.
- the PDF form – 'Application for Conditional Registration'
- your payment.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Download and complete one of the following:
- Download and complete the Application for Conditional Registration – PDF.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application and payment.