Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you need road access and your vehicle doesn't comply with standard construction and equipment requirements, you'll have to apply for a conditional vehicle registration. This will allow limited access to the road network to perform specific functions.

You can apply and pay for this registration at a service centre.

Note that conditional registration will not be offered if a complying vehicle can be used instead.


To see if your vehicle is eligible for a Conditional Vehicle Registration, check the Conditional Registration Vehicle Sheets.

What you need

  • your business identification details (if applicable)
  • proof of identity (individual, organisation and/or representative)
  • proof of your entitlement to register the vehicle
  • your concession card details (if applicable)
  • one of the following PDF forms to prove the vehicle is suitable for safe use:
    • 'Historic Vehicle Declaration', or safety check inspection report, if the historic vehicles club is less than two years old 
    • 'Street Rod Declaration' and a safety inspection report
    • 'Declaration of Eligibility for a Registration Concession (Form 1193)' for primary producers' vehicles
    • 'Rally Vehicle Declaration'
    • 'Classic Vehicle Declaration'
    • 'Vehicle Suitable for Safe Use Declaration'.
  • the PDF form – 'Application for Conditional Registration'
  • your payment.

How to apply

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.