As a licensed motor dealer, if you want authorisation to register vehicles, transfer and renew registration and order number plates, you'll need to apply for a dealer agreement under the Dealer Vehicle Registration Scheme (DVRS). You can do this at a service centre.
Note: The Dealer Online (DOL) system allows motor vehicle dealers to complete registration transactions online, without having to visit a service centre. You can submit your application for DOL access at the same time as completing your motor dealer agreement.
You must be one of the following:
- A dealer in NSW or within 50km of the NSW border, engaged in the sale, distribution and management of new vehicles or second-hand vehicles (or both), and who holds a NSW Dealer Licence or interstate equivalent, or
- A NSW based manufacturer or retailer of new trailers weighing less than 250kg, or
- A NSW based entity who is engaged in the distribution or management of new motor vehicles.
What you need
- the PDF forms:
- Dealer Vehicle Registration Scheme Application
- Dealer Services Officer - Authorisation (if applicable).
- your proof of identity
- your business or organisation details
- copy of your dealer licence
- certificates of currency for public and products liability insurance, and Workers Compensation insurance
- your manufacturer or dealer franchise agreement (to be sighted)
- on letterhead, a letter stating the make of trailer/s you manufacture (if applicable)
- proof of identity as authorised representative (if applicable)
- a letter of authority stating that you're able to represent the business or organisation (if applicable).
How to apply
- Download, complete, print and sign Dealer Vehicle Registration Scheme Application – PDF.
- Download, complete, print and sign Dealer Services Officer - Authorisation – PDF (if applicable).
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.