Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you're a P1 or P2 driver, you're normally limited to the number of passengers you can carry and the type of vehicles you can drive. There are some exemptions though. If you want to apply for an exemption, please visit a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • the PDF form – 'Application for Exemption'
  • supporting documents for your exemption request.

How to apply

  1. Download, print and complete the Application for Exemption – PDF.
  2. Gather the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.