Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


You'll need a fire safety certificate if any of the following apply:

  • your building is new
  • your building has changed use
  • a fire safety order has been issued for your building or premises.

To be eligible for this certificate, you’ll need to make sure that you have met all the essential fire safety measures listed in your most recent fire safety schedule.

You must:

  • lodge a copy of the fire safety certificate (together with the current schedule) with Fire and Rescue NSW
  • display a copy of the certificate in the building.

You’ll need to have a final fire safety certificate from your local council before a final occupation certificate can be issued for a new or existing building.

Contact your local council to complete your application.

You'll be taken to another website.