COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


You must hold a licence with the NSW Food Authority if your business distributes and/or transports:

  • milk or dairy products
  • meat
  • plant products
  • seafood
  • eggs.

You can apply and pay for a licence online. To apply for more than 5 vehicles, you'll need to submit a printed application form – PDF to the NSW Food Authority.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • the certificate of registration of your business name issued by Fair Trading NSW or ASIC
  • the ASIC company statement showing name/s of the director/s (if applicable)
  • the certificate of incorporation (if applicable)
  • documentation showing that you've completed an approved food hygiene course in the last 5 years (if applicable)
  • your payment (as indicated on the form).

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online eligibility screen and if your business is eligible, continue to application screens.
  3. Complete the applicant details, facilities and consents and declaration screens.
  4. Review charges and proceed to payment options.
  5. Submit your application.

If you're unable to apply online:

  1. Download and complete the Application of a Licence for a Food Transport Business for Dairy/Meat/Plant Products/ Seafood/Eggs and Egg Related Products Form – PDF.
  2. Gather the required documents.
  3. Submit your application with payment by mail, fax or email, to the details on the form.

More information

  • You only pay one licence fee if you're applying for 5 or more vehicles at the same time.
  • You’ll be notified of processing times within 10 working days.
  • After submitting your application, you’ll need to undergo an audit or inspection.
  • You must not start business operations until your application has been processed.
  • Businesses licensed with the NSW Food Authority must comply with the Food Act 2003, Food Regulation 2015 and the Food Standards Code.
  • A licence can't be transferred.
You'll be taken to another website.