You can apply to reduce some types of fines by 50% if you meet the eligibility requirements.
You may be eligible if you:
- have not yet paid your fine
- were receiving a government assistance payment at the time of the offence
- are unable to:
- pay the fine in full
- set up a payment plan, or
- take part in a Work and Development Order (WDO)
- have not had 4 or more similar fines within 12 months of the offence date
- are not applying about a serious offence and have not had a serious offence in the last 12 months.
What you need
- your fine notice number
- your personal and contact details.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Call Revenue NSW on 1300 138 118 to request a fine reduction.
Your application will be assessed and processed over the phone.
If your application is successful, any related penalties will still apply, for example, demerit points, licence suspensions and cancellations.
Last updated: 2 March 2023