If you can’t pay your fine in full by the due date, you can pay over a longer period by setting up a payment plan and paying in instalments.
You can do this online or by visiting a Service NSW Centre. Alternatively, you can post your documentation to Revenue NSW.
What you need
- the fine reference number (printed on the fine notice)
- your personal and contact details
- your licence number or Transport for NSW customer number
- your vehicle's registration number (if applicable)
- the amount you're able to pay
- the Declaration of your circumstances form – PDF (if applicable)
- the Payment Plan Application Form – PDF (individuals only).
Note: If you're applying as a company, you'll need your company's name, ACN/ABN and contact details.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Follow the prompts to complete your application.
- If your fine is overdue and you want to pay by instalments, you can set up a payment plan for an overdue fine.
- If you're unable to apply online, you can complete the Payment Plan Application Form – PDF (individuals only) and post it to the details on the form.
- If you're applying as a company, please call 1300 138 118.
- Failure to finalise a fine may lead to enforcement action. This may include suspension of your licence, cancellation of your registration, garnishee of your bank account or wages, seizure of your property by the sheriff or an examination notice or summons.
- A 0.25% card payment fee is automatically applied to all payments made with a credit card.
- If you can't afford to pay, please call 13 77 88 or visit a service centre before the due date on the fine.
- Call 13 77 88 if you need a copy of your fine.