If you can’t pay your fine or overdue fine in full by the due date, you can pay over a longer period by setting up a payment plan.
What you need
- the fine reference number (printed on the fine notice)
- your personal and contact details
- your licence number or Transport for NSW customer number
- your vehicle's registration number (if applicable)
- the amount you're able to pay
- your Centrelink details, if you wish for repayments to be deducted from your Centrelink payment
- the PDF form – 'Payment Plan Application' (only if you're applying as an individual and not by phone).
Note: If you're applying as a company, you'll need your company's name, ACN/ABN and contact details.
How to apply
You can apply by:
- Calling 1300 138 118, or
- Completing the Payment Plan Application Form – PDF and posting it to the address on the form.
- If your fine is overdue, you can set up a payment plan for an overdue fine online.
- If you're applying as a company, please call 1300 138 118.
- Failure to finalise a fine may lead to recovery action. This may include suspension of your licence, cancellation of your registration, taking money from your bank account or wages, ordering the sheriff to take your goods or property and sell them, an examination notice or other recovery action.
- A 0.25% card payment fee is automatically applied to all payments made with a credit card.
- If you can't afford to pay, please call 13 77 88 or visit a service centre before the due date on the fine.
- Call 13 77 88 if you need a copy of your fine.
Last updated: 2 March 2023