If you're a qualified surveyor from overseas, you can apply to practise surveying in NSW through the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BOSSI). 

BOSSI will forward your application to the Bureau for Assessment of Overseas Qualifications (Reciprocating Surveyors Boards of Australia and New Zealand). The Bureau will independently assess your qualification and make a recommendation to BOSSI. 

You may:

  • be accepted as a candidate surveyor and continue on the path to registration while being supervised by a registered surveyor, or 
  • need to enrol in further studies, or 
  • be accepted for registration as a surveyor in NSW. 


You must hold surveying qualifications gained outside Australia or New Zealand.

What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account (you can create one when you start your application) or your OneGov account
  • proof of eligibility
  • supporting documents such as your curriculum vitae and evidence of any relevant experience
  • proof of identity
  • a credit/debit card to pay the application fee.

Note: Documents must be certified, in English, and in PDF format.

How to apply

  1. Gather your supporting documents and information.
  2. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  3. Select ‘Next’ on the application screen. 
  4. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or log in using your OneGov account.
  5. Follow the prompts to proceed to payment.

Contact BOSSI for all application enquiries. 

Rate the information on the page