If you had to surrender your licence on medical grounds and you're now able to drive again, you can visit a service centre and apply for your licence to be reissued.
What you'll need
- your licence (if you have it) or proof of identity
- a medical certificate signed by a medical practitioner, demonstrating that you've met the requirements to be reissued with your licence
- the PDF form – 'Licence Application'.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Licence Application – PDF.
- Make sure you have all your documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.
Things to keep in mind...
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.