You must hold a licence with the NSW Food Authority if your business grows more than 100 birds at the same time.
You can apply and pay for the licence online. To apply for more than one premises, you need to lodge a printed application form with the NSW Food Authority.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- the ASIC company statement showing name/s of the director/s (if applicable)
- the certificate of registration of your business name issued by Fair Trading NSW or ASIC (if applicable)
- the certificate of incorporation (if applicable)
- details of the business activities and location
- your payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the online eligibility screen and if your business is eligible, continue to application screens.
- Complete the applicant details, facilities and consents and declaration screens.
- Review charges and proceed to payment options.
- Submit your application.
If you're unable to apply online:
- Download and complete the Application for a licence for a meat business to produce poultry – PDF.
- Gather the required documents.
- Submit your application with payment by mail, fax or email, to the details on the form.
- You only pay one licence fee if you apply for more than one premises at the same time.
- You’ll be notified of processing times within 10 working days.
- You must not start business operations until your application has been processed.
- Businesses licensed with the NSW Food Authority must comply with the Food Act 2003, Food Regulation 2015 and the Food Standards Code.
- A licence can't be transferred.