Text size


If you'd like to apply for a refund on a maritime product or service, please visit a service centre. Alternatively, you can post your completed Request for Refund Form and supporting documentation, using the contact details on the form. 


  • Former NSW residents who move interstate, register the vessel in the new State and wish to claim a refund on the remaining NSW registration
  • Interstate acquirers of a NSW-registered vessel who wish to claim a refund on the remaining NSW registration

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Transport for NSW.

What you need

  • receipt for the product or service (if applicable)
  • the Request for Refund Form (if applicable)
  • other supporting documentation relating to the product or service as listed on the Request for Refund Form

How to apply

  1. Download, print and complete the Request for Refund Form – PDF (if applicable)
  2. Gather supporting documentation, and then:
  • lodge your completed form and documentation at a service centre, or
  • post to your nearest Regional Operations Centre as listed on the form.
Last updated: 1 October 2021