If you want to transfer your liquor licence, and certain conditions are met, you can use the liquor licence manager tool to do so. It's ideal for businesses that operate many liquor licences, and move staff from one location to another.
You'll be advised if you're eligible through the liquor licence manager.
If you’re 18 years or older and:
- the business owner is not changing, and
- the incoming licensee is a person, not a business, who:
- has held the same type of licence over the previous 3 years
- hasn’t committed a prescribed offence
- hasn’t been disqualified during that 3-year period, and
- hasn’t had their licence suspended or cancelled.
What you need
- number of the liquor licence to be transferred
- name of the licensed premises
- personal details of the incoming licensee
- your licence details (if applicable)
- a MyServiceNSW Account linked to your liquor licence manager
- details of the practices used to ensure the responsible sale and supply of liquor
- a completed Data Monitoring Services direct debit request form – PDF (if operating gaming machines)
- Declaration by business owner – PDF
- Declaration by proposed licensee – PDF
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account and link your liquor licence manager.
- Select 'view licences'.
- Select 'view details' on the licence you want to amend.
- Select 'modify licence'.
- Select 'Apply for a streamlined liquor licence'.
- Follow the prompts.
- Attach any supporting documents to the application form.
- Submit your application with payment.
- The transfer isn’t valid until endorsed by Liquor & Gaming NSW.
- Fees vary depending on the type of licence you want to transfer, and online submissions receive a 10% discount.