A tattooist licence allows you to do body art tattooing for a fee or other compensation in NSW. You can apply and pay for this licence online, or alternatively, you can visit a service centre.
If you want to also operate the business, you'll need a separate tattoo parlour operator licence.
- you must be at least 18 years of age and an Australian citizen or resident
- you must not be a controlled member of a declared organisation.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.
What you need
- a National Police Check
- certified copies of three types of approved identification
- details of your previous, current, existing or upcoming employment as a body art tattooist, including any employment as an apprentice
- your payment.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create an account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Enter your payment details.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- Visit a police station to have your finger and palm prints taken, if requested.