If you hold a valid concession card, you can apply online to redirect your mail, for a reduced rate.

    Holders of the following concession cards will need to apply in person at a Post Office:

    • Department of Veterans' Affairs Card
    • MyPost Concession Card
    • Norfolk Island Social Services Card
    • Veterans' Repatriation Health Card.

    You'll also need to apply at a Post Office if you:

    • want to redirect mail overseas
    • are applying on behalf of a deceased estate.


    You're able to apply online if you hold (or you’re listed as a dependant on) a:

    • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
    • Health Care Card (all types)
    • Pensioner Concession Card.

    What you need

    • new and old address details
    • your contact details
    • name of each person redirecting mail 
    • your proof of identity documents
    • your concession card
    • payment (visit the Australia Post website for fees).

    How to apply

    1. Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
    2. Complete the online form.
    3. Enter your proof of identify details.
    4. Enter payment details.
    5. Submit the form.

    If you’re unable to apply online:

    1. Download and complete the Application to redirect mail form – PDF.
    2. Gather your supporting documentation.
    3. Visit a Post Office and submit your application with payment.

    More information

    • Allow 3 full working days to process your application before your mail redirection can start.
    • You may be eligible for a free 12-month mail redirection if you're in charge of a deceased estate or a victim of domestic violence or natural disaster.
    Last updated: 29 August 2023