Written-off vehicles cannot be re-registered in NSW except under specific circumstances. In some of these specific cases, before you can re-register the vehicle, it'll need to be inspected by the Vehicle Identification and Inspection Unit (VIIU).
You can book a VIIU inspection at a service centre.
What you'll need
- your proof of identity
- your vehicle registration details
- approved Authorisation to Repair from Roads and Maritime
- completed and signed Certificate of Compliance from a licensed repairer
- AUVIS Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Report (commonly known as a 'blue slip')
- receipts for all repairs and restoration performed on the vehicle
- your method of payment.
How to book
- Gather the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and arrange a time for the VIIU inspection.