COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

COVID-19 restrictions easing

From Monday 11 October 2021, Vehicle Identification and Inspection Unit (VIIU) services recommence with the easing of COVID-19 restrictions across NSW.

Find out more about changes to transactions due to COVID-19.

Text size


Written-off vehicles cannot be re-registered in NSW except under specific circumstances. In some of these specific cases, before you can re-register the vehicle, it'll need to be inspected by the Vehicle Identification and Inspection Unit (VIIU).

You can book a VIIU inspection at a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your vehicle registration details
  • approved Authorisation to Repair from Transport for NSW
  • completed and signed Certificate of Compliance from a licensed repairer
  • AUVIS Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Report (commonly known as a 'blue slip')
  • receipts for all repairs and restoration performed on the vehicle
  • your method of payment.

How to book

  1. Gather the required documentation.
  2. Visit a service centre and arrange a time for the VIIU inspection.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.