If you've moved from the ACT to NSW and transferred your vehicle registration, you can cancel the ACT vehicle registration via post, fax or email.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'Application to Cancel Vehicle Registration'
- a photocopy of the:
- registered operator's driver licence issued in Australia (current or expired up to 2 years)
- receipt for the surrender of the number plates
- NSW registration certificate (if available).
- a statutory declaration if the plates have been destroyed, lost or stolen, and were not surrendered (if applicable)
- an Authority to Act as an Agent form (if applicable)
- the agent's proof of identity (if applicable).
How to cancel
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Print and complete the form.
- Attach any supporting documentation.
- Using the contact details listed on the form, submit your information by fax, email or post.
- The vehicle's registration cancellation date will be backdated to the date the ACT number plates were surrendered to the interstate authorities.