Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you have trader's plates that are no longer required, please return them to a service centre.

What you need

  • proof of identity
  • your certificate of registration
  • your trader's plate/s
  • the PDF form – 'Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration'.

How to cancel

  1. Download and complete the Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have the required documentation and your trader's plate/s.
  3. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.