If you hold a motor vehicle tradesperson certificate and want to add or remove a class of repair work, you can do that in person at a Service NSW Centre, or by mail.
What you need
Adding a class of repair work:
- the PDF form – 'Motor Vehicle Tradesperson Certificate: Add a Class of Repair Work'
- photo ID such as a driver licence
- your certificate number
- details of your qualification(s), including proof of completion of the relevant training course(s)
- your payment.
Note: If you’re removing a class of repair work, you’ll need a signed letter that clearly shows your certificate number and personal details, requesting removal of the class of repair work.
How to change
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Attach your supporting documentation.
- Make your payment.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application in person, or mail it to:
Locked Bag 5138
Parramatta NSW 2124
You’ll need to complete a recognised training course for each class of repair work you want to appear on your tradesperson certificate.
Classes of repair work include:
- automotive electrician
- body maker
- compressed natural gas mechanic
- exhaust repair
- liquefied natural gas mechanic
- liquefied petroleum gas mechanic
- motorcycle mechanic
- motor mechanic
- steering, suspension and wheel alignment
- radiator repair
- trailer and caravan mechanic
- transmission specialist
- underbody work
- vehicle painter
- electrical accessory fitting
- glazing work.
Last updated: 20 May 2023