If you hold a motor vehicle tradesperson certificate and want to add or remove a class of repair work, you can do that in person at a Service NSW Centre, or by mail.

What you need

Adding a class of repair work:

  • the PDF form – 'Motor Vehicle Tradesperson Certificate: Add a Class of Repair Work' 
  • photo ID such as a driver licence
  • your certificate number
  • details of your qualification(s), including proof of completion of the relevant training course(s)
  • your payment.

Note: If you’re removing a class of repair work, you’ll need a signed letter that clearly shows your certificate number and personal details, requesting removal of the class of repair work.

How to change

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Complete the form.
  3. Attach your supporting documentation.
  4. Make your payment.
  5. Visit a service centre and submit your application in person, or mail it to:
    Business Licensing
    Locked Bag 5138
    Parramatta NSW 2124

More information

You’ll need to complete a recognised training course for each class of repair work you want to appear on your tradesperson certificate.

Classes of repair work include:

  • automotive electrician
  • body maker
  • compressed natural gas mechanic
  • exhaust repair
  • liquefied natural gas mechanic
  • liquefied petroleum gas mechanic
  • motorcycle mechanic
  • motor mechanic
  • panelbeater
  • steering, suspension and wheel alignment 
  • radiator repair
  • trailer and caravan mechanic
  • transmission specialist
  • underbody work
  • vehicle painter
  • electrical accessory fitting
  • glazing work.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 20 May 2023
You'll be taken to another website.