If you plan to make changes to your vehicle's engine, they'll need to be verified by an authorised examiner or other Transport for NSW official.

Once the changes have been verified, please notify a Service NSW Centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your current registration details
  • one of the following:
    • Vehicle Compliance Certificate (if applicable)
    • Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Scheme (AUVIS) report
    • Heavy Vehicle Authorised Inspection Scheme (HVAIS) reports (heavy vehicle unregistered vehicle inspection and heavy vehicle safety check inspection)
  • the PDF form – 'Change of Records – Transport for NSW Products'.

How to change

  1. Download and complete Change of Records – Transport for NSW Products – PDF.
  2. Gather the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 28 September 2023