Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


If you need to change, add or delete a condition recorded on your driver licence, please visit a service centre. An example of a condition change is, for instance, if you wore glasses and then had laser surgery so glasses were no longer needed. This is a condition change that should be updated on your licence.


To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Transport for NSW.

What you need

  • your driver licence
  • a medical report, driving test record sheet or HVBCA Log Book, depending on the condition change.

How to change

  1. Gather the required documentation, and then visit a service centre and submit your application.

More information

Plan ahead

  • Now when you apply for or renew a photo card at a temporary motor registry or Service NSW centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost, generally within 5 working days.

  • If you haven’t received your photo card through the mail within 10 days, contact Transport for NSW on 13 22 13

  • Renewal notices are mailed generally within six weeks of the card's expiry date. This means you have plenty of time to plan ahead and renew early.

  • For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.

  • For further information about photocard printing, please visit Transport for NSW.