Builders and tradespeople in NSW need to be licensed to conduct building work. If you're a licensed contractor and your address or contact details have changed, you can update them online, as long as your current email address or mobile phone number is recorded with NSW Fair Trading.


  • Only your address and contact details can be changed online. If you want to change your name, you'll need to visit a service centre with a copy of the name change document, such as a marriage certificate.

What you need

  • your name and licence number, and
  • your new contact details.

How to change

  1. Select the 'Change online' button.
  2. Select 'Start'.
  3. Enter your licence or registration number, and your name.
  4. Select 'Next'.
  5. Update your details.
Last updated: 28 November 2023