If you hold a commercial agent licence and your details have changed, you must notify NSW Fair Trading within 14 days.
You can do this at a Service NSW Centre if you're changing:
- your name or business name (individuals/sole traders)
- your residential or business address
- the corporation's:
- office holder's details.
You can do this by calling 13 32 20 if you're the licence holder, or an authorised officer of the corporation, and you're changing:
- your email address
- phone number.
What you need
The PDF form – 'Commercial Agent – Individual/Sole Trader Change of Details Notification', plus:
- for name change: original or certified copy of a marriage certificate or change of name certificate
- for business name change: Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) record confirming the change.
The PDF form – 'Commercial Agent – Corporation Change of Details Notification', plus:
for office holder's name change: original or certified copy of a marriage certificate or change of name certificate
for removing an officer: a current ASIC record confirming the change
for adding an officer:
the section titled 'Add a new officer form' on the Corporation Change of Details Notification form
a current ASIC record confirming the change
a valid National Police Certificate, no older than 4 months
original or certified copies of 2 forms of identification for the new officer/s, including one with a photo, such as a current NSW Driver Licence or NSW Photo Card (digital or card version) and a current valid Australian or overseas passport.
for corporation name change: ASIC record confirming the change.
Note: If the ACN of the corporation has changed, a new commercial agent licence application for the corporation will need to be made. The applicable fee will apply.
How to change
- Download and complete either:
- Visit a service centre with your supporting documentation.
Note: You can call NSW Fair Trading to make a change on 13 32 20, if:
- you're changing an email address or phone number, and you are:
- the licence holder, or
- an authorised officer of the corporation.
- you're unable to visit a service centre. They'll let you know other ways to securely submit the change notification form and supporting documents.