Text size


If you hold a commercial agent licence and your details have changed, you must notify NSW Fair Trading within 14 days.

You can do this at a Service NSW Centre if you're changing:

  • your name or business name (individuals/sole traders)
  • your residential or business address
  • the corporation's:
    • name
    • office holder's details.

You can do this by calling 13 32 20 if you're the licence holder, or an authorised officer of the corporation, and you're changing:

  • your email address
  • phone number.

What you need

Individuals/sole traders

The PDF form – 'Commercial Agent – Individual/Sole Trader Change of Details Notification', plus:

  • for name change: original or certified copy of a marriage certificate or change of name certificate
  • for business name change: Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) record confirming the change.


The PDF form – 'Commercial Agent – Corporation Change of Details Notification', plus:

  • for office holder's name change: original or certified copy of a marriage certificate or change of name certificate

  • for removing an officer: a current ASIC record confirming the change

  • for adding an officer:

    • the section titled 'Add a new officer form' on the Corporation Change of Details Notification form 

    • a current ASIC record confirming the change

    • a valid National Police Certificate, no older than 4 months

    • original or certified copies of 2 forms of identification for the new officer/s, including one with a photo, such as a current NSW Driver Licence or NSW Photo Card (digital or card version) and a current valid Australian or overseas passport.

  • for corporation name change: ASIC record confirming the change.

Note: If the ACN of the corporation has changed, a new commercial agent licence application for the corporation will need to be made. The applicable fee will apply.  

How to change

  1. Download and complete either:
  2. Visit a service centre with your supporting documentation.

Note: You can call NSW Fair Trading to make a change on 13 32 20, if:

  • you're changing an email address or phone number, and you are:
    • the licence holder, or
    • an authorised officer of the corporation.
  • you're unable to visit a service centre. They'll let you know other ways to securely submit the change notification form and supporting documents. 
Last updated: 13 December 2022